Monday, December 5, 2011

Our Weekend

Well...  where should I start.  Our weekend started out ok...  Saturday morning was a quick hair cut for Mr. Kayson, which he did great... then we headed up to Boone to ride the Santa Express.  It was raining and cold Saturday morning (no snow here), and so therefore, it was pretty darn cold in that train car too!  Brr!  Kayson had a good time...  a Christmas story was read, we had hot chocolate and a cookie AND to top it off, we went to the North Pole and Santa was there!  Santa gave Kayson (and all the other little boys and girls) a silver bell to ring.  Kayson did really well - Santa surprised us, but it was really quick and he smiled at him and even said "Thank you"!  That was more than I thought it would do, I was thrilled - that definately brought a smile to my face.

There's Santa!!!  YEA!
Saturday evening we stayed at home...  (we actually were home the entire weekend, which was good).  This is where the weekend kind of went sour...  We were all playing and Kayson wanted to look at our iPod (we have some Apps on there that he plays with).  Well he wanted to sit on my lap and we were listening to some songs and he was being goofy (bouncing around and bopping his head all around too)... and then his head came back HARD into my left eye.  Instantly...  I had collapsed to the ground crying hard...  holding my eye.  I couldn't really concentrate on anything else by myself (which stinks, but good thing Ryan was home)...  Ryan looked over Kayson as he was crying hard too...  and then it was time to look at me.  My eye was instantly swollen and my head was pounding.  I applied ice for a long while... and just waited...  within an hour, I had a small purple mark directly under my eye.  We just kept watching it...  then Sunday morning arrived --- and it was 10 times worse...  my entire left eye (under) was dark, DARK purple and still swollen.  OMG. 

With no make up at all...  embarrassing
So that was the start of our Sunday...  me = crabby!!!  ha.  Then the domino effect happened.  Kayson woke up crabby and continued to be an absolute bear Sunday...  man, he should have probably stayed in bed!  It was a not fun morning with him...  AND THEN - we realized that our computer got two big viruses!  Another OMG.  I feel like we've had nothing but bad luck with computers/technology lately...  it makes me so frustrated, sad and angry too.  Ryan's going to have it looked at by a tech guy this week...  it just stinks.

After a much needed nap from Kayson, Sunday evening turned much better.  Blair, Martina & Tate came over to get their family picture taken, and then we ordered pizza and played.  It was a good visit...  and the boys had fun together.  Martina and I have decided though, we need to have some adult time, because we don't really get much talking in because we are tending to the kids or Kayson is just talking non-stop!  ha.  :) 

Here's to the start of a new week...  black eye and all!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment