Thursday, October 6, 2011

Coughing

Kayson is still sick.  Monday we stayed home from daycare due to the fever and cough...  diagnosis from Doctor was 'Viral'.  (I personally hate that word)  :)  We fight through it...  Rough night Monday night.

Tuesday Kayson went to daycare...  no more fever, still a cough, runny nose...  but seemed ok.  Another super rough night.  (When I mean rough night - I mean awake nearly every hour to hour and a half from him coughing and gagging or crying).  It's like having a newborn!  ha.

Wednesday Kayson went to daycare...  cough is awful.  (Probably should have kept him home).  Daycare called a couple times - he had a rough day, coughing was really REALLY bad - turning into gagging and throwing up.  He was not happy, not napping very well, not eating well...  bad day for Kayson.  I called the Doctor again - talking to a couple different Nurses - still 'Viral' and fight through it.  We could try a cough medicine - Delsym.  Wednesday's night-time wasn't NEARLY as bad as the previous nights...  so we'll see.

Today Kayson is home with Grandma JeanAnn.  We just felt like it would be best (and probably smart) to keep him home today - away from his little friends and more germs...  We'll probably keep him home tomorrow too. 

My last post was about the things that make me smile...  this is NOT one of them!  This really stinks -- it's awful to see your own child suffer and not be happy...  it hurts and makes me sad!!  We are on Day 5 of this, and I'm hoping that we are over the worst part. 

No comments:

Post a Comment