Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Closed

I have closed yet another book.  I'm doing pretty good at this reading thing... HOWEVER, I don't have another book to read.  So - you readers out there - what suggestions do you have?  :)

This book, "Heaven is for Real" is amazing.  It made me think hard about heaven, about death, about life...  and most of all - it made me think about how I could see... and believe like a child.  

From the back of the book:
"With disarming innocence and the plainspoken boldness of a child, Colton Burpo tells of meeting long-departed family members.  He describes Jesus, the angels, how "really, REALLY big" God is, and how much God loves us.  Retold by his father, but using Colton's uniquely simple words, Heaven is for Real, offers a glimpse of the world that awaits us, where as Colton says, "Nobody is old and nobody wears glasses."

Two thumbs up.

2 comments:

  1. We just read "On Folly Beach" for book club. It was great. Loved it. I also just started "The Hunger Games" and have been sucked in. Two completely different books, but both really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been dying to read that.I am reading "the Help" right now...pretty good :)

    ReplyDelete