Sunday, May 16, 2010

Improvements & Fun

Productive is the word for this weekend. Saturday we were up bright and early (there's no sleeping in for Kayson we don't think!) We made a trip to Menards at like 8 am, that's a first for me I know... no shower for any of us, just a quick teeth brush! Our project was to take my old patio chairs & tables and update them a little. Here are the before and after pictures - I think they look awesome. Ryan did a great job!! (I did spray paint one of them... and Ryan would tell you that I used a whole can of paint and got some on the seat). Whatever! ;)


Another thing I wanted to do was touch up some paint spots in the house... Ryan isn't ready for me to paint (I would love to, but I'll be patient with him)! So we just have the flat paint and there were some spots that were rubbing off and some black spots... I finally touched those up. That makes me feel a little better about painting - however, I would really like to paint by this winter! Hint Hint Ryan - if you are reading! ;)
Saturday evening we went up to Ankeny to our friends' place for a family-friendly party. (We showered before the party!) Great weather, great food, great company... Kayson did great - played outside and he soaked all the commotion in! It was a good time and we were all pooped once we got home!
Here are a few other pictures from the weekend. We played outside as much as we could - with bubbles! Kayson loves bubbles. And then as most of you mothers out there know, toys are completely over-rated. Kayson likes to play with tupperware and old cool-whip containers... here's proof.


We had a great weekend... I love the feeling of getting something big accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment