Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Signing & a White Christmas

For the past several months, Ryan and I have been signing with Kayson. We are told that daycare does this as well... so the more, the better. Ryan gave me an early Christmas present last night (simply because he thought it would fit in my stocking, but it didn't) - it was a book "Signing to your Baby". I loved it!!! We started practicing more last night... and I learned a lot. It says that signing could take about 2 weeks up to 4 weeks for the baby to start signing back. And it says to just keep on doing it, consistantly and the baby will catch on. Kayson knows some signs - "More" (or "Again"), "Bath", "Milk". We are really working on "Momma", "Daddy", "Please", "Hungry" and some others... it's so cool to watch Kayson learn this and also a challenge for Ryan and I to learn and teach it as well.

It sounds like we will definitely have a white Christmas this year - along with some ice. We are suppose to travel up to Clarion Thursday sometime, but I'm guessing we will be staying home. I'm sad about that... but also a tiny part of me thinks that it will be nice to be home with just Ryan and Kayson for Christmas and Kayson's birthday. I'm praying that somehow it'll be just warm enough for us to travel, but also know not to get my hopes up too high.

If you do travel in Iowa - please be careful!!

No comments:

Post a Comment