Monday, December 14, 2009

Great Weekend

We had another very busy weekend, but always a good one. We headed to Creston Friday evening. Had a good drive, despite being a little concerned about the roads, but they were actually ok. We saw plenty of cars and semis in the ditches from the Wednesday blizzard. (If you don't know me well - you'll soon know that I hate winter weather when it comes to the roads. I am a nervous wreck nearly every time there's snow/sleet/freezing rain, etc --- a couple years ago I spun out on I80 on black ice, and ever since then I panic. I'm not going to lie - I'm probably not the person you want to see on the road when it's crappy weather!! I just hate it!! ha!) Saturday we celebrated Christmas (and Kayson's birthday) with Aunt Maagie. Before she and the others arrives, we had Kayson's picture taken with Santa in Creston. He did so well - looked at Santa funny and then looked at us and clapped! It was awesome. I'm anxious to see the picture! Anyway, it was a great time with Aunt Maagie and Susan & Ashlei and Jimmy. Nice company and just relaxing. Here are a few pictures - Celebrating all the December birthdays on the Taylor/Cobb side.



We headed back to Des Moines Saturday evening - I personally don't like to be away from home for an entire weekend (I'm such a 'home-body'), plus we had already decided that we would come home and get some things done around the house. I did laundry til late Saturday night and many other things that just get lost in the 'things to do'. Sunday - more laundry, more putting stuff away, another photo shoot, and the Sunday routine of grocery shopping. On the grocery shopping note - I need to start shopping on Saturdays or Mondays. Sundays are CRAZY at HyVee. Plus 9 times out of 10 I can't get something we need b/c they are out! Our neighbors stopped by with some Christmas cookies too, so that was super nice - nice to visit with them and their two little boys. I have a feeling this spring/summer will be great - once we can get outside and play! We'll really get to know them and the others better.


Now it's Monday - time just flies by. I've got to get to Kohls and the mall this week - no if's, and's or butt's about it!!! This coming weekend we have nothing planned (no travelling anyway), so I'll be able to get the gifts wrapped up and start getting organized for the holidays and being gone for 4 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment