Sunday, July 19, 2009

Firsts

As I told you earlier this week, Kayson has two teeth now... Oh my, are they cuter than ever! I was able to get a picture of the little ornery teeth that have poked through... actually, I feel we've been pretty lucky. Kayson hasn't been too fussy, just a little every once in awhile... I'll take that! Hopefully the next set go well too!

So that's our first 'first' for this week.

Then this weekend (Saturday through Sunday), we all headed down to Kansas City for a little get away (Blair & Martina and Mike & JeanAnn were with us) It was a trip to celebrate Mike's 50th birthday. We first went to St. Joe, MO to visit Aunt Maggie and Jimmie & Diana and Susan. Jimmie & Diana have a wonderful backyard pool that we got to experience... or Ryan, Blair & Kayson got to experience! I stayed in my capris! :)

We first got Kayson's feet wet, then we slowly started taking off his clothes and put his swim trunks on... then he was all out in the pool with Daddy & Uncle Blair. And man, did he have fun! He kicked his legs, splashed his hands and arms and just had a good time for an almost 7 month old! It was great - Ryan was so happy that Kayson did so well! I'm not a water person, but Ryan is - so I think he was just plain pleased that Kayson didn't have a fit and he just really enjoyed it!










We also took a short video of Kayson. Check it out!


It was also Kayson's first trip to Kansas City. We did some shopping and just enjoyed some time away. The guys (minus Kayson) went to a Royals baseball game - they had a great time... Kayson and us girls stayed back at the hotel, did dinner and just hung out. Today on our way back, we did more shopping and had lunch, then got back to Waukee around 6:30. We are all tuckered out, but we had a great time... Now I think we are ready to stay home for the next few weekends!

No comments:

Post a Comment