Thursday, February 10, 2022

Kayson 7th Grade Winter Conference

We opted out of meeting in person or virtual with Kayson's teachers.  We decided just reaching out to them through email to see if they had concerns... if they did, then we would have talked with them.  

With that - all of this four main core class teachers all had great things to say about Kayson, no concerns. 

Such a joy to hear that. 

Mr. Sink, Social Studies

Kayson is such a great kid and nice young man. I've got zero concerns with him. He works hard and does what he is asked to do. He is a really smart kid too, he participates in class.  He is knowledgeable, I never have to worry about his work. Just a good guy that is here to do his job and be nice to people. 

Thanks for checking in and thanks for sending him to South!  :)

Mr. Pollock, Science

Thanks for reaching out - I do not have any concerns with Kayson. He has been Secure or Exceeds on all standards so far this year.  We do have an assessment today, so you can check in with him tonight!

I have really enjoyed having Kayson this year, and behavior has not been an issue in my class or from what I have seen during passing periods. Again, thanks for checking in.

Mr. Willman, Math

I appreciate you reaching out. I think that Kayson is a great young man and is doing well in math class. Kayson seems to enjoy math (for the most part!) and does well whenever we check for his understanding in class. He will participate in class, and put forth extra effort when needed. He is pretty organized too, which is a skill that will be essential as an 8th grader and beyond. 

Mrs. Sklenicka, English/Advisory

Academically, Kayson continues to work hard and focuses on seeking feedback and really putting forth great effort. Proud of him for that. He is secure with our latest standards and will continue to have opportunities to work on text structure and informational writing, an area of growth. We continue to work in advisory about leading and displaying the right behaviors. Students are wrapping up a few projects that will hopefully come into fruition, he can tell you about this!

I appreciate Kayson's humor and always willing to share a story. He is totally aware of when he needs to re-engage and focus - he knows my look!  :)  But this is nothing out of the ordinary. I really enjoy starting my day and ending my day with him and look forward to continued growth and season of baseball season!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment