Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Long weekend

I mean, are the kids ever in school?!?!

They just had a long winter break... then early out last Wednesday... then off Friday for a teacher work day, then Monday was a holiday (MLK day).  Wow.  I swear when I was a kid, I NEVER had these breaks!!

With that being said... I enjoyed the long weekend with the kids.  Friday I did work - but the kids had appointments - K had an ortho appointment to get his wire clipped/changed.  Then Cora had her first vaccine.  So we were busy enough.  Friday night we started getting a ton of snow - totaled about 11 inches or so!  It was deep!

Saturday morning we just took things easy, which was great...  then it was time to get that driveway plowed up...  we were all out there...  Ryan did 99% of the work, but I helped some, then the kids played.  They enjoy the snow, it's fun to watch them be kids in that.  Boomer loves it too!!

The rest of Saturday was pretty relaxing... then K had basketball late - 5ish and then again at 8:50 at night.  Holy late.  Unfortunately, the team struggled, again...  gosh, it's not fun watching a team lose all the time.  I know K gets frustrated, and it stinks sometimes.  We got home super late and Sunday was a day to chill again (or at least for the morning).  

Cora had dance, she worked hard - came home sweating!  Kayson had one more game, it was a win, finally...  I got groceries and just did the Sunday stuff.  Roads were still pretty crappy, so I didn't want to go too far.  

and Monday was a day off for me and the kids. And we enjoyed it so much.  Man, I was lazy and didn't do much!  But I really didn't care!!  Cora and K both had their Monday night activities, so I did get somewhat productive when they were gone, but not much!

It was a great weekend... now it's a short week. 









No comments:

Post a Comment