Monday, January 10, 2022

Hawkeye Hoopfest tournament/Weekend

It's hard to believe it's the second week in January already...  I hate that time goes so fast. 

Catchup from the past week:

The other Taylor's got COVID...  they were all feeling icky shortly after our Christmas with them, and they all ended up testing positive over the past 4 or 5 days.  Fortunately, they are all ok - just mainly cold symptoms, but still worry some and exhausting.  We, here, are ok.  We didn't get tested, and we all felt fine, so hopefully we were good...  Working on getting Cora vaccinated, so I don't have to worry so much on her. 

Anyway, Friday night we all headed over to Coralville for a basketball tournament.  I didn't go to the last one, so felt like we needed to go for at least one day.  Cora and I drove separate, and had a good drive... lots of talking and singing.  :)  We ended up eating out with Mosqueda's which was fun... then back to the hotel to hang for a bit.  Cora swam for about 10 minutes...  was boring for her!   We unfortunately didn't sleep well, but we survived.  

Saturday we watched K and team play 2 games... one win, one loss.  All over the place for 13 year old boys!  But it was fun to be there and watch him.  

Then Cora and I headed back to DSM, leaving the boys there.  They kept busy and had a good time...  

Cora and I got Boomer from the kennel, then went home and rested... literally, both of us took naps.  Crazy!  I can't remember the last time she napped!  She was pooped.  We just hung out, watched TV and snuggled, it was a nice night. 

Sunday:

Kayson had early games - two losses, then they headed home.  They were home around 2:30, so that was nice...  

Cora had dance Sunday morning... I got caught up on laundry and other house stuff...  then we went and got our nails done.  It's one of our new favorite things to do.  I love that she's a girly-girl and wants to get that stuff done.  It may be expensive, but it's truly so special to me to spend that one on one time with her.  

The rest of the day was just this and that...  and now it's another week.  I just can't believe it. 







No comments:

Post a Comment