Friday, October 2, 2020

Our new routine

Now that school has been back in session for about 6 weeks (which is amazing!), we are on a pretty good schedule here.  I'm thankful for that, and am really enjoying it. 

In order to really start the day off right, I'm still getting up early (before the kids) to get myself ready.  That's one thing that I haven't really skipped on since working from home.  I have to shower, I have to get ready... otherwise, I'm not very motivated!

We get Kayson up about 6:45, and thankfully, he's easy in the morning.  He gets up fine, doesn't give us a hard time...  gets dressed, eats, and he's ready.  Bus picks him up about 7:15ish.  

Ryan heads to work then, when he's in town. 

About that time, I start my work day (which is significantly earlier than I've EVER worked before!!)  When I had to drive downtown, there were times (most times), I wasn't logged in til after 8:15!!  So I start working and plugging away as soon as I can... and get quite a bit done that first 45 minutes or so. 

Cora sometimes wakes on her own, but most times, I'm waking her about 7:45/8:00.  I guess it depends on how work is going!  She's a little slower in the morning...  but I give her plenty of time.  She'll watch a little show, eat her breakfast... then she'll get dressed, etc.  Sometimes, if we have time, I'll actually 'do' her hair - braids, pony, curls.  That's kind of fun, I like that extra time, just her and me. 

We head out about 8:30 to school - if the weather is nice (warm), then we will walk to school... Boomer in tow, which both of them love.  Otherwise, I'll drive her. 

Then it's full blown work for me...  I'll take breaks about 11:00, lunch time, then again about 2:00 (depending on meetings, etc.) and walk Boomer or just step away.  It's going well, I'm enjoying working from home... I enjoy not being rushed in the mornings... I enjoy having the news/shows on in the background... I enjoy having music going sometimes... I enjoy diffusing oils... I just enjoy it. I'm very thankful that my employer is allowing us to work from home, to continue to keep us safe.  

Kayson gets off the bus around 3:20, him and I talk quickly about his day, then I'm off to pick sis up.  Sometimes we walk, most times, I sit in the 'pick-up' line.  I've gotten used to it...  a good quiet 15 minutes in my car!  

Then our evenings start!  

No comments:

Post a Comment