Monday, September 16, 2019

Weekend/Cora's 7th Birthday Party

Friday:
By Friday night I was done. I was wiped out... tired, crabby and honestly just wanted to sit.  But I couldn't.  Ryan got home from his long week in SD.  I made a quick supper at home, and then we just played outside.  Martina, Tate and Landry arrived about 7ish...  they were coming for Cora's birthday party the next day.

We just hung out outside for awhile, then eventually Cora showed her exhaustion.  I got the girls bathed, and Cora went to bed. 

It was a quiet evening after that...

Saturday:
Just hung out in the morning... then we headed to Glazed Expressions for Cora's friend birthday party.  She was excited, and knew where everyone was going to sit.  Oh my gosh.  To be 7 again.  Anyway, the party was really good... the kids chose their pottery, and then they painted it.  It was good... very cute, the kids were good, and it was fun.  It was a pretty solid 1.5 hours... 

Then back home... ate a quick lunch, then Martina and the kids got back on the road. Super quick trip for them, but nice of them.

The rest of our afternoon consisted of laundry, watching the Iowa/Iowa State game that lasted about 6 hours due to weather delays, the kids playing (Olivia hung with us for about 3 hours!), and just hanging out. It was actually a really nice afternoon and evening...  I think we needed the 'nothing'.  In addition, Cora demanded that Ryan take off the training wheels on K's bike.  So he did... and her and I rode her bike for about an hour or more... she rode it pretty well - a little wobbly, but she'll for sure get it... we just need to get back out there. 

Sunday:
Church
Groceries
Flag football in the HEAT.  Oh my gosh - I am over the summer weather!!

Then another busy Sunday night...  Ryan and I, along with another family met at another families house for supper.  Awhile back we 'bid' on a meal at a church families house... we won.  And last night was the only night (for a while) that really worked for the entire group. 

We got a sitter (actually 2)… long story... and we were off right after flag football.  Anyway, we had a good time... great food and tons of laughs.  It was nice getting to know them better and just having a small group together...  super good.

We got home late... which sucked, but the kids were fine - super tired, but fine.  Kayson didn't really say much, so I worried about him, but I think he was just pooped. 

And now we are back to work and school. 

 
 
 
 
 
She loved this!!
 
The group, minus Eleanor.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment