Sunday, December 16, 2018

Weekend

Another weekend has passed... we are in the middle of December already.  It's almost sickening how fast the year has gone. 
Friday:
I had my work holiday party in the afternoon...  I actually woke Friday morning feeling weird.  I had terrible stomach cramping, almost felt like I had done 100 sit-ups and that definitely did not happen!  I stayed home and just worked from home... took it easy...  put oils on... and hoped for the best.  By 11, I seemed ok... no cramping and was hungry.  It was so weird.  I attended the holiday party - which was at SmashPark (so fun, and a cool place).  I enjoyed myself... and headed home about 3:30.  I honestly felt fine the rest of the day and night... weird. 

Anyway, Friday night we stayed in.  I wrapped a few more gifts, and we just layed low.  Pretty boring evening. 

Saturday:
Kayson had basketball practice.  Sis slept til 8:30.  I cleaned like crazy and did some laundry.  We grabbed lunch out and did an errand... and again, that was about it.  We didn't have plans, so it was nice to just sit.  And I actually did for a bit.  Cora and I watched a movie.  We ended up doing an errand... along with everyone else in the DSM area!!  Super busy at Target... should have known, but it was ok. 

Saturday night - pizza ordered and we just hung out.


Sunday:
Church...
Beautiful weather day here... was beautiful Saturday too.  We've been so lucky - and I hope it stays like this for the next 12 days!  ha.  No travel issues to worry about.  Anyway, the kids played outside for a little bit... practically had to force them outside!  Then we worked on our gingerbread houses.  They decorated, and did a nice job.  I attempted to help Cora - but she said I wasn't good at it.  Kind of a fair statement... but I was a least trying!  Ryan helped Kayson (and he's really good at it!)... both turned out good.  It was a good little activity. 

And now it's Sunday late afternoon...  a quiet evening getting ready for our week.  It's a short week for me - wrapping gifts Thursday and planning to be off Friday (we'll see).  Ryan will be out of town most of the week.  Kids have school all week, but they are excited for Christmas being here so soon!


We bought fake nails for Cora.  Hysterical.  They lasted about 20 hours before she realized she can't do much with them!  ha.
weird outfit she put together... (3 tu-tus) she wouldn't let me take a picture of her.


Working hard!



Finished 2018 Gingerbread house - Kayson
Finished 2018 Gingerbread house - Cora

No comments:

Post a Comment