Thursday, September 13, 2018

Our Week - when Ryan is gone for 5 full nights

So...  this is the week that I dread.  Ryan is in South Dakota - nearly 8 hours away.  He leaves on a Sunday (early afternoon), and doesn't return til Friday night.
It's awful.  I dread it.  I worry.  I stress.  It's probably dumb that I do all those things - as I should be 'used' to this.  But I'm not.  The kids change every year... activities change every year... and I still get exhausted and stressed out.

Our week.
I spoke of Flag Football on Sunday...  fairly good, something to do that afternoon. 
Monday was an ok day...  busy at work, and activities at night.  Kayson has started a running program through school, called STRIDE.  And he loves it.  (warms my heart). Cora started tumbling Monday night.  It was just busy...  gets us out of schedule, and the kids are tired.  Me too.

Tuesday was an emotional day.  I wasn't feeling right...  tired, over stressed, tired (again)... We got some bad news about the BTB supervisor leaving (whom we LOVED), and trying to explain that 'lightly' to our kids.  Kayson was emotional from a decision we had to make regarding basketball.  It just was an off day.  And to be honest, doing that on my own is a lot.  In addition, we had Logan come over and mow our yard.  With Ryan being gone... and I just don't do it, we asked for help.  I fed Logan, and the kids were pretty good...  got a little owly with me later that night.

Wednesday I ended up working from home.  I needed some quiet time for just me.  I got my hair done in the afternoon, which was great... much needed time with Lacey too.

And tonight K has STRIDE again, and Cora starts dance.  I'll be running them and picking them up (what seems like all over the place), and putting more and more miles on my new car!  ha.  I pray that Cora does well for dance...  she's always so hesitant with new stuff.  (another stressor).

I'm tired.  We don't have huge plans for this weekend... which is great, but I know Ryan will have to do more work.  #solomomlife

No comments:

Post a Comment