Sunday, July 22, 2018

Weekend

Friday:
Exhausting week...  Ryan gone, work has been so busy and a lot of thinking!, and a couple later evenings, and it just caught up to me.  I was wiped out.   But we still needed to eat... so we head out and went to Spaghetti Works downtown.  It was a good decision... beautiful evening, we sat on the patio, the kids ate.  Success. 

Back home... and the kids played with the neighbor kids for a bit.  I sat in a chair outside and chilled.  

Saturday:
Ryan worked. 
Kids and I ran to the store.  I cleaned the house.   And we just hung out for awhile.  We grabbed lunch out, then headed out to enjoy the weather.  Ryan and Kayson went to the batting cages; Cora and I (and Grace) went to the playground at the park. Then when Cora was done, we met the boys at the baseball field near by and practiced a little with them...  it was fun, and warm!

We tried to have some quiet time in the afternoon... but Cora was a little out owly, actually a lot owly.  I'm not sure if she was tired, or what... but she was in rare form and pretty bratty/mouthy.  Somehow we need to work on that better... she seems to think she's the boss a lot.  Anyway, we got through it...  and then Jess, Lex and their kids came over.  We ordered pizza in... kids played fairly well (again, several not good moments from Cora), but again, I guess we got through it.  Eventually the kids quieted down and watched a movie or the iPad, and us 4 were actually able to talk.  It was a beautiful night out too... 

Sunday:
Church.
and an afternoon at home.  I've done loads and loads of laundry.  Evey ones bed is clean.  The kids have played really well this afternoon.  Olivia came over for a bit.  It's just been a nice Sunday.  I should have probably went out and did a little more birthday shopping for Cora, but I didn't...  

That's about it.  We have another busy week... Ryan's traveling again for most of it, kids have their daily stuff, in addition, they are doing VBS at Hope Waukee.  It'll be busy nights for us.  




An accident - running into the INSIDE of her closet door. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment