Monday, July 9, 2018

Weekend (and Engagement excitement!)

Friday:
We had planned to stay in...  then Kayson mentioned going to a Waukee HS baseball game... and there just happened to be one in town that night.  So... we headed out - it was a beautiful night, and was nice to do something a little different.

Saturday:
This and that around the house in the morning, and was another beautiful day...  warm, not a cloud in the sky, but not humid.  We had lunch out on a patio...  Ryan and Kayson then went to practice hitting a little, while Cora and I headed to the pool!  We are definitely loving the LifeTime pool, which is great.  Ryan and K joined us a little later...  we hung out there for about 2.5 hours.  The kids had a great time. 

Back home to relax a little... and Cora was wiped out!!  Wow - she could barely keep her eyes open.  I gave her a little snack and she perked up a little... I only did that cuz we were having a sitter come, and I didn't want her sleeping!  Anyway, we had some quiet time, then Ryan and I met Jess and Lex for dinner.  Miss Steph came to hang with the kids, and they had a good time...  I don't think they 'do' much, but Steph said they were good.  We had a nice dinner out - haven't gone out in forever it seems. 

Meanwhile while we were out... my phone was blowing up with snaps from the family (We have a group snap of my sisters and nieces).  it's not uncommon for me to get a ton of snaps from them... so I ignored them while we were eating...  Well, I shouldn't have ignored that long!  Hope and Logan got engaged!!!!  We are beyond thrilled for them!!  Logan is a great guy... and they make a darling couple.  We are so excited!!! 

Anyway, more to come on that I'm sure.  I can barely stand it that I can't see Hope right now!!!  :)

Sunday:
Church... and then we were out and about all afternoon.  Ryan wanted to do some shopping, which never happens... so we all did that.  We then just putzed around the mall, kids played at the movie theater arcade and then we went to the movie "The Incredibles 2".  Really good movie!!!  Then we grabbed groceries real quick, ate late... and had a little quiet time, then bed.  It was a busy afternoon of being gone...  The kids were tired.

That's about it...  super excited about Hope and Logan.  I'm realizing that summer is going super fast... which kind of bums me out.  Even though we have the same routine and really nothing is different - I just feel like we are more lax, and Kayson is just really enjoying his summer. 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment