Monday, August 7, 2017

Weekend

Friday:
I worked all day.  It's funny to say that... but lately, I (along with nearly everyone else in my department), have been scooting out early on Fridays.  But the ones that were there Friday, stayed til about 3:45.  It made me giggle.

Friday night, Nielsen's came over for pizza and play.  It was a beautiful night, so we pretty much just hung out outside, kids played, and we just sat around and talked all night.  It was a nice evening.   Kids got to bed late, but Saturday we had nothing, so I was ok with that.

Saturday:
Cora was up early, but Kayson slept til about 9:15!  Ryan went to work, so I literally laid around.  I wasn't feeling it, just wanted to be lazy.  But when Ryan got home, him and Kayson decided we should go miniature golfing, and it was really fun.  The kids did well (Cora lost interest at about hole 11), but overall, they both did good, and had fun, we think.  Ryan got a hole in one too.  ha.

We grabbed lunch out... then back home to hang out.  Ryan and Kayson did an errand, I did an errand, and Cora took a rest... and a long one.  She was tuckered out.

Saturday night we just stayed in and watched 'Boss Baby' with the kids...  was a nice quiet night.

Sunday:
Church; then Ryan, Kayson, JeanAnn and Mike went to an I Cubs game.  Cora and I got groceries (and she did half-way decent for me), then back home and she took a rest.  She's been interested in sleeping in her sleeping bag lately, so for rests - she's free to do that if she wants...  and Sunday she chose the sleeping bag in the living room!  I let her only because Dad and brother were gone.  So Murphy and I snuggled in and watched TV while Cora rested. 

Once the boys were home, I ran out to Lacey's for a baby shower for one of her stylists... was there for only 20 minutes.  ugh. 

The rest of the night was playing outside, then Cora and I getting into a battle about bath time.  :(  She's been a struggle for me lately.  Dad stepped in, and might have put the fear of God into her.  ha.

Here's some pics from the weekend.
 
 
 
 
 
Daddy's hole in one!
 
Living room rest!

Cora and Olivia have become good little friends. Playing with baby dolls.  So sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment