Monday, August 28, 2017

Cora - 5 Year Stats

Well this morning was Cora's 5 year well check.  And it was noted (and has been noted for months), that Cora didn't want to turn 5 because she would have to have shots.  Oh boy.

So I'm not going to lie - knowing I had to take her this morning on my own, I was nervous.  I didn't know what to expect, and didn't know what "Cora" I (or the doctor) was going to get! 

In a nutshell, she actually did really well.  She didn't talk much, which whatever - but she listened, she 'kinda' answered questions... and didn't throw a complete fit!!! 

She did have to have shots - 2, but then I made them do a flu shot as well.  And I think that was the kicker to our ending.  The first two shots she did amazing - she watched, and seemed perfectly fine... then the nurse did the flu shot in the other leg (which is a sharper needle, I could tell), and Cora bawled after that.  "That one hurt Mommy!!!"  Oh sis.  She cried hard... and for a long time.  and continued to cry when I dropped her off at school.  I felt awful. 

Official stats:
44 lbs. 2 oz. (76%)
3' 8 " (88%)

She grew 6 pounds and 4 inches over the past year, which the doctor loved, and so do I.  Dr.  Beebe says she looks good... and thinks we made the right decision on not sending her to Kindergarten.  We visited a little, then it was over. 

Cora did well... super proud of that very strong willed girl.  I just know her feelers were hurt, and I feel bad!  Tonight we will snuggle, if she'll let me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment