Thursday, August 10, 2017

Cora & Grandma JeanAnn 'Day'

Last week Ryan's mom asked to have a "Cora May day".  Sure sounds good.
That evening I talked to Cora about it... and her reaction was not what I had thought it would be.  It was a "No, I don't want to do that."  Um... ok??  I was confused...  but also knew she had 'had a day'.  So I dropped it...  and Ryan mentioned it a couple hours later.  We got the same reaction, but wasn't nearly as stern as earlier!

Ryan and I kind of giggled at it... and just agreed she was going, but we would talk about it again in a couple days.  

And we did.  This time the conversation was a little better... it wasn't a "No", it was a "I want you to be here too."  So there was the confusion... So we talked about it more - "Dad and Mom would be a work, Kayson would be at school... and this time would be super special for Cora.  Lunch wherever you want Cora - you can go shopping, Grandma would probably buy you whatever you want!!! and you don't have to take a rest!!"  Then her eyes perked up some.  ha.  

So today was the day. 
JeanAnn picked her up at her school around 11...  and they were off.  JeanAnn took Cora to get her toes done!!!  How freaking cute... and awesome, cuz this is something that I won't be doing (at least WITH her as I hate my feet being touched!!)  They had lunch - Cora's choice: Applebee's (no surprise to any of us!), and a Target trip (in which she got a few things!)  

What a nice little day for Cora and JeanAnn.  




No comments:

Post a Comment