Sunday, May 21, 2017

Weekend

Friday:
Yet another rainy day... cold, windy, yuk.  Kayson's baseball game was canceled.  Jill's were planning on coming to the game, so just decided to come down anyway, which made me happy.  They brought Dad with too, so that was nice.  We just sat around, ate pizza and giggled.  I think Dad had a nice time - him, Ryan and Jeff just sat at the kitchen table and talked and talked...  that, too, made me happy.  He's been so down.

Cora was a goofball most of the night... so her, Linds and Ash played well and made many more giggles happen.  Ryan and Kayson played the PS4 - boy stuff.  :)  It was a super nice night. 

Saturday:
I got my butt out of bed at 6:15 and headed to the gym!!!  My friend Jess was going to one of the classes, so she asked me to go with...  and I did.  I'm actually shocked that I did, but I did it. (not sure if that'll happen again!?!?)  I'm still sore from it!  ha.  

I got home around 8:15 and the kids had JUST woken up!  Holy cow.  We hung out for a bit, then got ready for our day.  Ryan took Kayson to a friend's birthday party - Kaed (neighbor friend).  It was at Climb Iowa, and Ryan just stuck around for the whole party... I guess Kayson did really well with the climbing.  So cool!!!  and such boy stuff!  ha.   Meanwhile, Cora and I did a few errands... then back home to have a quick lunch. 

We were going to go to a grad party, but we decided against it...  so we just hung out in the afternoon.  Cora took a little rest, I took a 20 minute one, which was heaven.  

Saturday afternoon, around 4:30, we went over to our friends Jess and Lex's - they were having a family/friend birthday party for their littlest, Dax.  He's turning 3, they like to have family/friend which is always fun.  The weather was super random, but they ended up having a bounce house, which was awesome for the kids.  The adults sat and chatted, and had a yummy supper.  Very nice.

Sunday:
And once again, we had to wake the kids!  Tired kiddos.  We went to church, then back home.  Not much this afternoon, which is nice...  Cora took a great rest, Kayson did a little reading, I got groceries.  And now Ryan and K are helping with the start of our church shoe drive.  





Kids last Sunday school class until September.   #ThankfulLinks
Oh I'm proud.  ha.

We were also informed that Mom's headstone is in and set.  I can't wait to see it next weekend... it just brings tears to my eyes. Pictures to come.  Man, I miss her.

No comments:

Post a Comment