Sunday, May 14, 2017

Weekend - Mother's Day

We really have had a great weekend... and mine was 3 days.

Friday:
I took PTO on Friday... I did some cleaning Friday morning, then unfortunately attended a funeral late Friday morning.  A nice old man, Jack Carpe, had passed and I just felt that I needed to go.  Him and his wife (who has passed as well), were just the nicest people and made us feel so welcomed at church many years ago.  It was very hard being there and 'celebrating' his life...  with many tears.  It definitely hit home and just made me super sad.


Following that, I was lucky to perk up my mood by spending a couple hours with Lacey.  We met for lunch then went back to her house and sat on the deck for an hour and talked.  Perfect.  I then did a few errands, and just like that - the day was over and we were all home. 

Friday evening we had Christina, Justin, Kael and Grayson over for pizza...  the night was beautiful, so we sat and ate outside...  kids did awesome together too.  It was a great couple hours.

Saturday:
Kiddos slept in pretty good... and we just fiddled around for a bit in the morning.  Then we made a big purchase.  A new truck for Ryan.  Now Ryan has driven his Tahoe for almost 9 years - a whopping 230,000 miles on that bad boy...  with very minimal problems, we've been SUPER lucky with it.  But it was time...  his buddy had found a great deal on a Yukon.  Ryan thought about it for about a week... and we just did it.  It was just perfect - practically the same deal we got with the Tahoe 9 years ago.  We really couldn't pass it up.  So... we made a very quick trip down to Creston... then back home.  

Saturday afternoon we just hung out... pretty sleepy actually, but we just kept on moving.  The weather was just awesome (all weekend actually).  Saturday night Ryan and I had dinner with our Creston friends (Lindsay/Mike and Lori/Corey).  We sat and talked for about 4 hours, and I think we could have sat for another 4.  Good people.

Sunday:
Mother's Day.  Well, I'm obviously blessed and lucky.  Very lucky.  I'm so proud to be a Mom to K and Cora. It's the most rewarding yet challenging job in the world, but I'd do it over and over again for them.  

I woke in tears though.  I just ached (and I still do).  Ryan woke shortly after me, and I just cried... and we hugged.  He said - "she's proud of you"  and I know she is.  I know it, but it's still not fair.  It's not fair that she's not here and I (along with my sisters) can't be with her to celebrate how she raised us.  It hurts.  

However, I personally had a very nice day.  Church was super nice... we had lunch out... and we just hung out all day.  Somehow Ryan took a rest, and I didn't?!!!?  But oh well.  :)  The kids played outside and I sat and watched (in the sun), which was great.  It was a very nice day. 

as I put the kids to bed, I just hugged on them and told them how much I loved them.  And they both heard it.  They both listened, and it meant a lot.  When they are little, I worry they don't listen...  but this was important, and I could tell they heard every word and felt the hugs.  That's what means the most to me.

Happy Mom's day to all my friends, my sisters, JeanAnn and the grandmas.  I look up to each of them in their own little way.  
Meet Zola (Lacey's pup) - my new favorite!!!

Friends - Grayson, Kael, C and K
RTs new ride!!
Friends forever.




No comments:

Post a Comment