Monday, February 27, 2017

Weekend

It's Monday already.  YUK YUK. I think all of us just wanted to stay in bed this morning...  all cozy, and catching up from our weekend. 

Friday:
I took Friday off from work, and it was heaven.  I love 3 day weekends!  After the kids and Ryan were off... I sat in the chair with Murphy and watched the Today show, and may or may not have snoozed for a bit.  :)  Again - heaven.  I enjoyed every minute of it. 

Then I got cleaned up... and did a few errands (actually just walked around a few stores).  I met Lacey for lunch...  chips, salsa, cheese dip and a daiquiri, and lots of laughs.  Perfect lunch.  By the time we were done chatting... I went and got the kids.  It started snowing actually around that time...  so we hustled home and just hung out.  

Friday night my friend, Jess had a CABI party (clothing).  I have never been to one, so I decided I would go for a bit...  an hour later, I purchased a few very expensive items, and headed home.  OOps.  Ryan and the kiddos just stayed in... and then we all just hung out.  Nice quiet snowy Friday night. 

Saturday:
We had nothing planned during the day...  so it was my cleaning and laundry day.  We had a nice day at home.  Ryan worked out...  the kids and I got our workout in by shoveling the small amount of snow that we got.  It was fairly nice out (no wind), so we played outside for quite a bit...  got the sled out and I pulled the kids 1,000 times down our very small hill on the side yard.  They loved it. 

Saturday night we went over to Colleen and Mike's... pizza, laughs, basketball and 7 kids playing.  We had a nice time.  Always fun to be with them.

Sunday:
Church - I taught Kayson's Sunday School class again... and it went well.  I think better than the last time I taught.  We had fun, and the kids listened to me.  :)   We grabbed lunch out, then home to just hang out.  We made Cora rest...  she woke with a little cough Friday, and it was really loosening up by Saturday night (which is great), but we just felt like she needed some quiet time.  And she didn't fight us, so it was a win.  She rested about an hour. Perfectly fine with us.

And then Sunday night our church was hosting a 'game night' for adults and kiddos.  I kind of helped organize it, and it was awesome.  We had a great turnout (unlike last years!)...  we had about 22 people, which is GREAT.  Kids played, adults played... we ordered pizza and just had a super time.  It was the best I've felt in a long time...  it just went so well.  

We were out a little later than we had wanted to be, but it was worth it.  So we rushed home...  got kids cleaned up, and to bed.  

and now it's Monday.  
Here are a few pics from the snow on Saturday. 






No comments:

Post a Comment