Sunday, February 12, 2017

Weekend

Friday:
Boy 'date' - girl 'date'.  
Ryan, Kayson, Uncle Scott and Duke went to the Iowa Wild hockey game.  They had a great time...  Ryan's work has season tix, and they are 'right on the ice'.  Like on the glass!  Crazy close.  Ryan said Kayson was just amazed. 
They got home pretty late, but had a good time.  We have to laugh at the things Kayson said - like "Everyone around us was drunk Mom".  Oh my!  And Ryan said they "may have heard some interesting language around them!"  Again, oh boy!  Oh well.  I'm glad they had fun.


Cora and I went out and had a quick supper, which she ate great.  Then we bought a new soft big blanket for Rhett.  It's kind of the 'thing' we do... Cora did great picking something out.  We had like 4 to start with, then kept eliminating one.   I hope Aunt Tina likes it!  :)

Then we went back home and she watched a movie.  It was a very nice Friday night.


Saturday:
I went up to Ankeny to watch Eden and Lindsay play some volleyball.  They typically have a tourny in Ankeny, and it worked out to get up there.  I just went alone, which was good.  Daddy needed time with the kids!  ha.  The girls did awesome... ended up getting 2nd place overall.  Super proud.  I watched a couple winning matches.  It was good to catch up with Jill and Dad too... Trish and Greg coach, so pretty much said hello and that was it to them!

We had a quick lunch, then headed to Pella to watch Colby again.  It was 'senior' night.  I can't believe he's been in school for 4 years, and graduating so soon!  We are super proud of Colby.  



We got home late... the kids were wiped out.  We skipped Cora's rest again... and it was probably a mistake.    We have decided if we have stuff going on that afternoon/evening, we just can't skip it.  We need to go back to having her rest.  She was pretty much a hot mess by the end of the basketball game - and then was awful at supper.  (Until Daddy had to holler at her!)   We'll get it figured out.  

Sunday:
Church.  Speaking of church --- things are changing at our church.  I feel like I need to write this down, so I can keep a timeline, etc.  In a nutshell - someone/a business has offered to purchase our church's land and building (to build their business there).  HUGE bummer... and stress for our little church family.  Then last week we were informed that our current (wonderful by the way) pastor has put in her resignation/retirement.   I think everyone is in shock a little regarding the retirement...  and then also very sad.  Pastor Sue has done some very good things (in the short years we've been there), including helping Ryan through some things, and also talking with me on my grief and hurt.  I know she's been a huge help to others as well.  So...  our little church needs some serious prayers to get through all of these changes.  Ryan's been a big part of the church board (he does the finances), so I know he's got a lot on his mind.  I just pray that we all can stay a close family through all of this, and keep our current members.  Lots of praying!!!

Then the rest of our Sunday was our normal stuff --- groceries, laundry, cooking.  I literally didn't sit down til about 5:30.  Wiped out.  

Cora was a mess again...  but I tell you what, she was asleep within minutes.  Guess there are some pros to the no rest thing.  More to come.  We'll have a messed up weekend next weekend (traveling), so we'll have to figure something out!

No comments:

Post a Comment