Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Cora-ism's #2

January 2017
The girl loves music.  Period. 
When the Super Bowl was on - we were doing random things, playing, coloring, doing baths, etc...  but the SECOND that half time music came on --- Cora was up and dancing her little heart out.  Literally.  She danced through the entire half time show.  I have it on video, and I'm not going to lie - she does awesome!!! 

February 2017
More music stuff.
We have the Trolls soundtrack in my car... and Cora sings all of the songs. Yesterday morning I had to take her to school, so she was just singing her little heart out... and I said to her (smiling ear to ear) - "Cora - gosh I love you so much!"  She stopped singing and says - "I love you too Mom, but turn that music up!!"  :)  She still wants to 'watch' herself in my rear view mirror, which I think is hysterical.  What a little girl.  :)


About a week ago, Cora came into my room first thing in the morning (she had literally just woke up).  Rubbing her eyes/squinting from the light... and the conversation went like this:
C: "Mom - can I talk to you about something?"
Me: thinking - oh man, what could this be...  "Sure sugar."
C: "Can I wear my valentine's stickers in my ears today?"
Me: thinking - what the heck!?  "well, honey, I'm not sure what you mean... do you mean wear stickers ON your ears, like earrings?"
C: "Yes"
Me: "Well, if you are talking about the red heart stickers we got for Valentine's Day, those will be way too big...  but we can try to find something else.  BUT - honey, if I can't find something now, then don't be upset."
C: "Ok Mom."  She starts to walk away... then turns around and says in a super sweet voice - "I just thought that would be a good idea."

:)

So... in the end I was able to find some teeny tiny bling stickers and we put those on her ears.  They fell off obviously, but she was thrilled.  I purchased a page of stick-on earrings for her, and she LOVES them.  So now we are talking about actually getting her ears pierced...  but she's still a little hesitant.  But we'll get there.  So darn cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment