Saturday, November 12, 2016

Oh So Random

I've realized over the past 3 weeks that things have just been weird, random and rather 'boring'.  I don't mean boring (like nothing to do), I mean more like - no real motivation to do much, a lot of spacing out, and just a lot of thinking.  

Friday I took the day off from work.  It was completely spur of the moment - I apparently needed it, and for good reason.  Thursday night Cora started acting weird - really quiet and just restless.  Friday morning, she woke with a low fever.  My instant thought was she had Hand Foot and Mouth from Landry (as Lanny had that last week/weekend when we were there).  We got meds in her - and she went to school.  She wanted to, and really acted fine Friday morning/ate breakfast.  She made it all day - teachers said she was great.  

Along with that, Ryan didn't sleep and woke with rash on his hands/itchy rash.  Another sign of HFM.  I literally wanted to come out of my skin and scream, cry, whatever.  

So...  Friday ended up being a good day for just me.  I needed it.  I got a phone call from my best friend early that morning saying that her grandpa passed early that morning from Alzheimer's.  A rush of tears just fell and fell as we talked for an hour.  It hurt, and I know they are hurting too.  Another good friend of mine's father has been put into hospice...  so they are aching as well.   It seemed on Friday that everything was going wrong - nothing was right.  Nothing was falling into place (or a good place). 

I spent the day at home.  I was a hermit and snuggled with Murphy and watched TV.  I did one errand - the grocery store, only because we had no milk.   

That night Ryan and I were supposed to go out for dinner (originally with our close friends, but they needed to cancel), so we were just going to go...  but Cora still wasn't acting right, and I was worried about her, and Ryan as well.  So we stayed home.  

I've just been all over the place lately.  I know this is normal, I know this will 'go away'...  

And today (Saturday), is a new day.  I haven't cried yet today - that's HUGE!!!!  We hung out this morning - Kayson and I went to the school book fair for a little bit.  Ryan's rash seems to be better, but seems to have a cold.  And Cora's fever is gone, however, she's super restless and has a deep cough in her chest.  She did take a rest (a restless one - where I was in her room 3 times), but she did rest.   Ryan headed over to Iowa City with a bunch of Creston guys around noon... a night game. 

Hope and Logan came to visit - which is always nice.  Always a fun break.   Cora acted weird when we went to supper - wouldn't eat anything, but once we were home, she perked back up.  I don't know what's going on - I'm worried about her... 

So...  I started this post as random, and it sure is.  I, again, feel all over the board!  Here are a few pictures of the last couple days...  (I need to get better at taking pics)!

Decorating a 'boat' out of cardboard box.  Creative.  :)

When he gives that smile - I melt.


She said it was raining inside

No comments:

Post a Comment