Sunday, November 27, 2016

Christmas 2016 #1 (St. Joe, MO)

Saturday morning we got up and at 'em... and headed down to St. Joe, MO.  It's our annual trip.  I woke sad... and all emotional, but kept myself together on the trip down there.  We met up with Ryan's folks, Blair, Martina and the kids for lunch.  I was super on edge, and just feeling lost kinda...  I couldn't stop thinking about Mom, I couldn't stop thinking about my kids and just being sad... and there really wasn't a reason to be.  I felt awful that I couldn't shake it.  ugh. 

After lunch, a few of us and the kids walked around the mall there and just wasted some time...  picked up a few things for the kiddos for Christmas.  Then we met the rest of the crew, along with Aunt Maagie, Jimmy, Diana, and Janet to bowl.  We did that last year too... kiddos enjoyed it.  It was a good time this time as well.  Tate decided it would be best if it was 'boys against girls'.  I believe the girls won - I kicked some butt.  ha.  At one time Mr. Coach Tate brought the guys in for a 'huddle' to get them pumped up and do better.  Oh that kid.  Love him, too funny!

Following bowling we went to the hotel and got all unloaded and situated...  then we gathered to have some supper there at the hotel.   Aunt Maagie and Jimmy and Diana all had little gifts for the kids, which is super nice and thoughtful.  K and Cora got some great things - they were so excited.  That brought a warm heart to me, and some smiles... seeing them happy, makes me happy.  

And then we had the kids swim for a bit.  The water was SUPER warm, so they swam for a long time actually!  Definitely got worn out!  Kayson said this morning "I had such a good time swimming last night."  That's awesome - making good memories right there.  

We wrapped up the night with baths and bed... and slept pretty good.  Cora moves a lot.  Kayson talks in his sleep.  And Ryan snores, loud.  :)  I sleep so quietly.  ha.  I know I don't...  but I sure seem to be 'normal' compared to those three.  

Anyway, we got up this morning and enjoyed the breakfast there at the hotel... then were on the road around 10ish.  The drive home was nice...  but again, I felt so sad, and just terrible.  I feel bad that I wasn't talkative with Ryan's family...  and then also feel bad I didn't get pictures with Aunt Maagie.  I mean, what was I thinking!?  I obviously wasn't.   I sure hope I get out of this funk soon, and hope that Mom can help me with that... somehow?!

These boys...  Love them.

Our little fish!  He does really well.



a new high chair AND baby clothes for Baby Grace
Poppy the Troll!

No comments:

Post a Comment