Sunday, November 20, 2016

Weekend

It's been awhile since I've had a regular/normal 'weekend' post.  Even though, things aren't really normal... it was nice to have a quiet weekend at home. 

Friday:
Dinner out... then just hung out.  The kids were a little rowdy...  bedtime came at normal time.  I know I was just over the week and day - so I may have had a short fuse. 

Saturday:
Up and at em.  Ryan went into work for a bit.  The kids and I just hung out...  soon, one of Cora's friends, Elaina, came over to play.  The girls used to go to daycare together, but Elaina now stays home with a nanny.  We are glad we've kept the girls in touch - they play so well together.  Elaina is just the sweetest thing - saying 'please' and 'thank you' more than I've ever seen a 4 year old do!  They played dolls, play-doh, watched a little movie, had a snack, and more playing.  It was a good couple hours.  

Then I kind of lost myself.  I was making lunch for us... and tears just fell and fell.  For what looked like a crazy mom or wife - I felt like that too.  I just cried and cried, and felt so down for a couple hours...  I took a rest while Cora rested...  then felt a little better.  I hate that stuff is so random... and I had no idea it was coming.  

Saturday afternoon we took the kids to the movie "Trolls".  What a good little movie - it quite possibly was just what I needed.  It's one of those feel-good movies... hoping everyone and everything around you is happy.  I hope that for sure.  The kids like it too.  We grabbed a quick supper, then home for bath and bed.  Another quiet night. 

Sunday:
Church.  Following church was the "Hanging of the Greens" - getting ready for Christmas.  We decided to stick around... and I'm glad we did.  We had a great time decorating the trees, and just talking and laughing with a few church friends.  I had a good time... and it kinda made me a little interested in getting our Christmas stuff out.  Kinda.  Still waiting til the first weekend in December...  but kinda.  ha.  The kiddos helped too, so that was nice. 

This afternoon we did a few random things - errands, groceries, and cleaning bathrooms.  It was a good little afternoon.  Kiddos are in bed...  and Murphy and I are snuggling.  :)  I've done something to my back or hips - and am in a lot of pain actually.  I almost feel like my hip is out of place, or something... just achy.  I hope to get adjusted tomorrow!

So...  no tears so far today.  Again, so random... 








As you can see, Kayson is less than cooperative when it comes to taking photos lately.  He's either making a 'dumb' face, or acting weird - or photo bombing a pic with a great smile.  Seriously kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment