Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Snow Day!

Well, we got hit with some snow overnight last night...  I believe it's less than we originally thought we would get.  But regardless - Waukee schools cancelled for today (along with everyone else around us).  I was actually surprised, the burb areas don't typically cancel.  I was not complaining tho!  

With cancelled school (or delayed start), we get a lovely phone call at 5:15 am.  YUK.  So that woke me and I tossed and turned for the next hour or so...  Cora soon was awake around 6:30, but she laid in bed with me for awhile.  Then she was ready for breakfast and playing with baby dolls.  

Kayson slept til a little after 8:00.  We started our day...  hanging out, playing board games, lots of iPad time, I did a couple loads of laundry, I scrubbed the bathroom floors, more games, a few puzzles, litebrite and even a movie with popcorn this afternoon.  In the middle of all of that (we really did keep busy all day, and it went fairly smooth!!), we got outside and shoveled a little, and then the kids played.  Ryan's work paid for a truck with a blade to come and 'scoop' us out.  I wasn't planning on going anywhere, but it was nice to have that done.  The snow was SUPER heavy, so it would have been a process for me (and Kayson!)  Once that was done, all of us went back out and cleaned the driveway up a little more - it was pretty slushy by 4:00, so we just cleaned it up.  


I fed the kids a make-shift supper of cheese quesadillas, only cuz they didn't want the soup that we had planned (and especially since Ryan isn't home).  A little more playing, then the fighting began...  it was sure time for bed!  Cora was in bed around 7:15... Kayson will be in bed in 15 minutes.  Overall, it was a good day... a good snow day.  I checked my work emails quite often, and I didn't really miss much, which was nice... I didn't have that anxiety!  

Here are a few phone pics of our day. 
We are praying Daddy gets home safely tomorrow...  him and his crew are stuck in SW Nebraska - literally.  The interstates closed down out there, so no getting home.  We are supposed to get more snow, them too, tonight - so I'm just hoping they can get out sometime tomorrow morning.  





The truck with the blade took about 15 minutes to do the drive... then the man got out and did a little shoveling as well.  I thought that was nice.  The kids (especially Kayson) loved watching him move the snow with the blade.  

 After we cleaned up the drive, and sidewalks - the kids played.  Cora just rolled in the snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment