Monday, February 29, 2016

Kayson/Weekend

Well, the weekend is over... 
and Kayson is back to 100%.  Actually, he told me this morning --- "I think I'm about 99% Mom".  I asked him what was the other 1% -- "Tired Mom"  :)

Our Friday night was interesting.  Kayson napped for a bit that afternoon, then perked up a little bit.  By 5:00 he seemed ok actually.  And as you know on Friday's, I don't really like to cook... so we decided to go out.  Big mistake.  The kid got sick shortly after eating... right there in the parking lot.  Gosh - what great parents huh?!  I felt awful.  

We hurried home...  washed him off, and he was in bed around 7:15.  He slept all night and said he felt good Saturday morning.  But by mid morning, he was tired again - still a little pale and just wasn't himself.  We had an errand to run, so again, we all did that together and then grabbed some lunch.  Another little mistake.  He just wasn't up for it.  We got home, and he rested a little...  but then he wanted to go to basketball.  I'm not going to lie - I thought for sure that would be a disaster and he would be sitting out.  I stayed home with Cora, but K went with Ryan.  And an hour and half later - they were home, and he said he felt good and had fun.  WTH!  

Saturday night Ryan and I went out with some friends for dinner...  I was a little nervous about leaving Kayson, but the babysitter is really great, and we kept in contact most of the night!  She said he ate well, and seemed fine.  

Anyway, about 4 months ago, I had asked a high school friend of Ryan's to see if we could get together sometime soon (kinda for Ryan - he just doesn't see any of his old friends often... I thought it would be nice).  The last time we had seen them was at TJ's Dad's funeral which was about a year and half ago.  I finally heard back from TJ's wife, and they were going to be in town this weekend and let's get together.  They are also good friends with our friends/neighbors, Jess and Lex... so they were invited as well... and off we went to dinner.  We had a really nice time... interesting to have Creston talk, DSM talk, and then Jess and Mindy have their own talks too - as they've known each other for years.  So crazy.  

Anyway...  Sunday we did church, then quickly went to watch cousin Duke play basketball.  Back home... Cora rested, Kayson took it easy, Ryan rested, I got groceries and cleaned bathrooms... and then Ryan had to take off for MN around 5:00.  The kids and I ate an easy supper, then just hung out.  I think we were all tired... I miss/ed Ryan terribly, even though he'll be home tonight.   It was a quiet Sunday night. 

Here's to a good week...  

No comments:

Post a Comment