Thursday, February 11, 2016

Cora May

It seems like it's been awhile since I've posted an update on Cora...  she's got a lot of quirks about her, she uses her imagination, she's stubborn and she can be the sweetest thing ever.  

  • Almost daily when we get home, she immediately grabs up her baby dolls and starts playing.  She'll change their diapers (they poop a lot she says), and she even rolls up the 'dirty' diapers like we would.  It's awesome to see her little mind.  
  • With the playing of the dolls, she throws in playing school or just bossing the dolls or kids around, it kind of depends on the day.  Typically she is talking like the kids do at school, or even the teachers.  She'll use her friends' names and boss them around - "Elyas make sure you are sitting good!"; "Hannah Banana is your turn to go to the bathroom"; "Elaina is my best friend"; "Elaina is so mean to me."; just examples of the things I hear.  :)
  • Cora hates to stop at night time to take a bath, still.  But once we finally get her into her room, she's fine.  She lets me undress her, but she won't let me take her socks off.  She's ticklish (like me). 
  • She's starting to want to dress herself in the morning.  This has been going on for awhile, but it was pretty hit or miss...  this morning for example, she was up while I was still getting ready - she came in, said good morning, then says "I'm going to dress myself Mom."  and she did.   I find this sweet, and very helpful!  
  • Eating -- we go about a week with her eating everything, then the next week is nothing.  We've got it figured out.  ha.  Last night (and the night before), she has really liked the buffalo chicken dip I made.  Ryan loves that she tried it and liked it!!
  • She doesn't sit on our laps often anymore, but every once in awhile, Ryan will ask her to sit with him, and she will...  they'll rock and talk a little.  Again, I find that so sweet.  Also with that - she loves to give hugs, big ones (I think she gives great hugs), and a kiss, then an Eskimo kiss.  
  • She likes to sit and watch movies on her movie player, with her headphones.  She looks like she's 10 when she's doing that. 
  • Cora loves music... and loves to sing.  We sing in the car a lot, this hasn't changed from when she was a really little girl.  Her new thing is asking me to move the review mirror so she can see herself (Um - a girl thing?!?!), and she watches herself sing in the mirror.  Lately she'll lip sing the songs and be very dramatic with her eyes and mouth, which is the funniest thing ever. 
  • And one last thing...  I truly think she's the prettiest little girl I've ever seen.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment