Monday, January 18, 2016

Weekend Update

It's Monday already... I'm actually glad the weekend went quickly, I was over it... and I needed today to be 'my' day.  PFG recognizes today off for their employees... so I let the kiddos sleep a little, Ryan went off to work, and we started our day. 

Cora and I dropped K off at Beyond the Bell, then her and I went to get her hair cut and have a little Mommy/Daughter time.  Oh how I think this will be fun... and it typically is not.  She just doesn't do well for hair cuts... and yes, it's been a REALLY long time, so that is half the problem.  BUT - Abby trimmed her bangs, barely (Cora threw a fit), and cut the back off about an inch.  We'll see how it looks tonight after bath...  

I got Cora off to daycare, then I had a load full of errands to do.  Returns, and just browsing.  I needed a day, and I'm wiped out already.  Kayson wanted to be picked up early, so him and I are just hanging now.  Enjoying the quiet.  and warm.  (it's about 10 degrees out today!!)

Anyway, back to the weekend...  
Friday afternoon I wasn't feeling well.  I headed home shortly after lunch and slept about 2 hours.  That night Hope and Logan were supposed to come, but I cancelled on them (felt terrible)... and we just hung out at home. 

Saturday I was feeling a little better...  Ryan went off to work, the kids and I played in the basement all morning.  Then Kayson started his basketball season - we are doing this through i9Sports again (like we did the flag football)... so it's practice, then a game.  Ryan is the coach again, which I appreciate - him and K need that time.  Cora and I stayed back home for a bit - no reason to go for 2 hours (especially with her!)...  but we were able to watch for a bit, I took a few pics, then we came back home.  She was tired, and took a nice rest...  

Saturday night was Ryan's work holiday party.  We had Miss Lindsay come stay with the kids.  The party was at a Iowa Wild hockey game.  I'd never been before... and to be honest, I think I watched about 20 minutes of the whole 3 hour process, plus it was super cold in there!  I'm glad there were the partners wives there to chat with.  It made the night pass by quickly.  I had a nice time. 

Lindsay had a hard time with Cora unfortunately...  Cora just gives her a really hard time at bedtime.  I felt awful.  After lots of texts back and forth, Cora finally calmed down and fell asleep around 9ish.  I believe that was a long 45 minutes for Lindsay...  :/

Sunday we went to church, then out for a quick lunch... and since it was SUPER cold Sunday (I think like 4 degrees!!!), we all stayed in... well, I did get groceries... but we hibernated in the basement the whole afternoon and evening.  I, again, wasn't feeling 100%, but it was perfect to just stay in, no laundry, no cooking...  just relaxing, and that's what we did.  

That's about it... not many pictures either.  


Not a very good pic... but proof we were there. 
Cora loving on Murphy.  Melts my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment