Monday, January 4, 2016

This & That


  • It's Monday - the Monday after another long weekend.  We had a great 4 days at home, doing random stuff... and lots of nothing too.  However, I was ready to get back into a routine... and hoping the kiddos do well today.  We'll get a good night's sleep tonight - and tomorrow we should be back to normal.
  • Cora has a cold.  Snotty nose... and just no real sparkle in her eyes.  I gave her a little Tylenol this morning, just to ease her a little.  I'm glad it's just a cold, and nothing worse. 
  • Ryan's had his cough for about 4 weeks now... I believe he said he'd finally get into the doctor today.  I know he tries to take care of it himself, but it just doesn't work...  Hoping he feels 100% by the end of the week!!
  • Our heating element in our oven went out last night.  I had a nice dinner started - all ready to go in the oven.  I preheated the oven - and looked over about 5 minutes later, and the element was on fire.  LITERALLY!  I freaked for a second, turned the oven off, and the fire was instantly gone and the oven went black.   DAMN.  So our dinner we warmed up with the broiler for a little bit...  the cheesy hashbrowns didn't get cooked.  Bummer.  
  • I've gotten back into reading.  I asked for a few books for Christmas (suggested by my friend Jessica), and so far, the two I've read/reading are great!  It relaxes me at night time.
  • We are spending more and more time in the basement lately (however, it's cold down there)...  I'm just loving it.  The toys and everything are down there, and it's just a great spot for the kids.  They can make the mess, and it doesn't drive me crazy...  but it's also pretty easy to pick up and get organized again.  
  • At work - they've put a better dress-code into place.  This obviously doesn't really apply to me, cuz I dress well.  But effective today - there's supposed to be repercussions for those who wear tennis shoes and/or hooded sweatshirts to work, plus other random crappy stuff.  I see two ladies every day (for the past 5 year probably), wear crappy jeans, crappy tennis shoes and hooded sweatshirts.  I really hope they make a change... it's frustrating.
  • That's all I've got.  We are all hoping for a smooth week... getting back into the swing of things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment