Sunday, January 24, 2016

Birthday Weekend

Our weekend is almost over...  well, pretty much cuz it's almost 8:00 on Sunday.  Gosh darnit, I hate Sundays!!!

However, today was a good, just nice day.  I turned 38 today.  38.  Good gravy, I'm SOOOOooooo close to 40 I can taste it.  YUK.  However, I've gotten a ton of compliments saying I don't look 38.  Which  makes me feel really good.  I guess I better try to keep that up.  ha. 

Anyway, today has been a nice day --- up for church, out for lunch, then a quick run to the mall.  Ryan and the kiddos got me a FitBit, I've been wanting one... so here we go!  I'll get it all set up tonight.  Kayson has been needing a new pair of tennis shoes, so we did that... and Missy Moo got a pair too.  Totally not needed, but oh well.  :)  We headed home - Cora took a short rest while I ran to the grocery store.  Then we woke her and headed back out to church.  Church was hosting a 'game night' from 3:00-5:00.  With our super small church, there weren't many people there... only our kiddos and two other little boys, then about 6 other adults.  We made the best of it - the kids played, the adults played.  It was actually a really fun time.  I hope we can do that again... and get more people there!

Ryan made some yummy soup for him and I tonight... and the kids ate and played some more.  So... yah, our night is pretty much over!!  But it was a nice day.  Thanks for all the texts, phone calls and gifts.  Much appreciated. 

Back to yesterday - Saturday was another good day.  The kiddos and I hung out in the morning, while Ryan worked for a couple hours.  Then we went to K's basketball practice/game... back to house for Cora to rest.  And meanwhile, Trish, Greg, Hope, Logan and Eden came for the afternoon.  I have such a good time with them...  gosh, it about brings tears to my eyes...  so lucky to have them in our lives.  Anyway, we hung out, then went out for supper, then they headed home.  I hated to see them go.  

Us girls.  LOVE.
You goof, Kayson!
Ed and Trish


Handmade cards from the kids, FitBit, candy and a nice card from Ryan.


No comments:

Post a Comment