Thursday, November 6, 2014

This & That


  • Thank God it's Thursday.  :)  It's been yet, another crazy, busy week... mostly at work, and a little at home.  
  • Our 'business' trip Ryan and I took about 4 weeks ago...  'business' has come to an end.  Long story short - Ryan was approached once again by the Co-Op in Fort Dodge for a job.  Like last November, we talked and talked... even got to the point of accepting the job.  Once Ryan did though, things changed - he was very hesitant to leave DSM and his current job... and most importantly up-rooting the family.  Lots more thinking, talking, going back and forth...  in the end, Ryan's heart is in his current job, so the job was then declined.  At this point in our lives, this is where we are meant to be.  This time around was probably harder on us and definitely brought us closer...  I support Ryan fully.  He is our provider.
  • My good friend, Jessica (a blogger as well) - has been doing this 'Random Reader' thing, and I love it.  SUCH a cute idea.  I've thought about following her footsteps, but I honestly don't know WHO reads my blog... so I won't do it.  (Maybe I'll be one of her topics...)  :)
  • Kayson's really been struggling with following the rules and listening...  again, lacking respect.  Gosh, it's so hard.  It's probably been the hardest thing I've dealt with over the past couple weeks.  I'm not sure what's triggering it.  Teaching an almost 6 year old how to respect??  Yeah, good luck right?!
  • We have school conferences in a couple weeks...  man, I'm SO intrigued to get there and hear what Mrs. White has to say.  I pray every night that he's doing well and behaves at school!!! 
  • Cora has been a big ham lately...  dancing and singing a lot, "Hey Janelle!!!", she's finally saying "Kayson", rather than "Brother",she gets to giggling a lot when her and Ryan wrestle...  or when Kayson's doing something funny.  I've also realized when she's dancing in the car - she loves to look at herself in the rear-view mirror and fake sing and make faces.  It's hysterical.  She's such a girl.  :)
  • We are in the planning stages of Kayson's birthday party...  we are doing Sky Zone.  It seems crazy that he'll be 6.  He's just gotten so big...  and tall. 
  • Ryan and I have a day planned to go Christmas shopping.  Yes, Christmas.  I hate it... I hate the idea of the hustle and bustle... but it's got to be done.  Monday I'm shopping with my sisters to get that side of the family done...  then we'll concentrate on our family and Ryan's side.  Lord help me.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment