Sunday, November 9, 2014

Great Weekend

Friday we started our weekend off by our normal El Rodeo dinner out... we got groceries following that.  We were prepping for company!  Blair, Martina, Tate and Landry were going to be with us all weekend.  They arrived around 8:45...  We had put Cora to bed, but let K stay up...  of course, Tate and K were excited to see each other, and down the basement they went!  It was a late night for them... but they did so great. 

Saturday, everyone was up early (BOO HISS), but it just started our day...  lots of playing and mass chaos coming from our house!  The boys played, fought, argued, played, laughed... you name it!  Martina spent the afternoon and evening with some girlfriends for a Bachelorette type day, so I missed seeing her, but overall, we had a good day. 

Saturday night, the four of us went out to our friend's farm in Adel - Lindsay grew up with Ryan, and her and her family have a beautiful home/land...  they were hosting a bon fire.  They had invited us months ago, so we felt we needed to go - we typically miss their party cuz there's usually a Iowa game, but this year it worked out.  There was a ton of people there...  and it was a ton of fun for the kids.  We got to see some friends we hadn't seen in awhile, the kids got to roast marshmallows, stay warm by a HUGE bon fire, and just enjoy the pretty nice weather.  We had planned on being out there just a short time, but I think we were gone for about 3 hours!  Bed came at around 9:30 for the kiddos...  

And then today, all the kiddos slept in...  minus Miss Landry...  she kind of had a rough night for Blair, so that wasn't fun for him.  But man, she was happy!  ha.  Funny how that works.  :)   She's such a pretty little girl.  I'm so glad I got to spend some extra time with her - she's just growing up so fast already (5 months already!)

We hung out this morning and had lunch out... and Blair and Martina headed out.  The remainder of the day was great.  Ryan and Kayson worked outside - cleaning up the garage, doing one last mow job on the yard, putting away some outdoor toys... just prepping for the cold weather.  Meanwhile, Cora took a super short nap - had a really hard time laying down, then just couldn't rest well.  I did about 7 loads of laundry - clothes, sheets, blankets...everything!  I rearranged the living room... yes, I love doing stuff like that!  I even scrubbed the kitchen floor!  I was on fire... and now it's caught up to me.  I'm wiped out!!!  The kids went to bed a little earlier than normal...  so it's just quiet now.  I'm super pumped that I have tomorrow off!  YEA!

I have no pictures from the weekend...  but it was a good time, and lots of memories were made.  Love those guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment