Sunday, November 23, 2014

Saturday/Sunday

I have no pictures to post from the weekend, but we had a pretty darn good one... 
Saturday, Ryan and Mike (along with Uncle Bill and friend Lester) headed off to a gloomy day of football.  JeanAnn spent the day with me and the kids.  We didn't do much in the morning... the kids helped her make chex mix (which is awesome).  I love that they are interested in stuff like that, cuz I totally don't do stuff like that with them!  We had a quick lunch...  then I was off to do some errands.  I needed to get a few random things done and didn't want to haul the kids.  Then JeanAnn did a few errands herself once I was back.  All during this, I was sneezing and coughing like crazy... I almost felt like it was allergies, but I couldn't really tell.  But it wore me out. 

The kids were pretty good all day...  sure, we have some meltdowns, but it was an okay day... however, still long.  Having Ryan gone for over 12 hours...  not exactly the best day in the world.  :)  But we do it!   By the time Ryan and the guys got back, I was beat...  kids were too.  

I haven't been sleeping well over the past week...  so I crashed hard, but then woke up about an hour later... tossed and turned, and ended up on the couch.  Then Cora woke up fairly early... so Ryan got up with her, which was great.  I did sleep longer, which was much needed.  

Anyway...  today around lunch time, we got our family pictures taken.  Kayson did amazing - he's our little model.  :)  Cora - she was a stinker...  however, I do think (or least REALLY HOPE), the gal got some good smiles out of her.  We went to the Botanical Center, which is way neat... but HOLY HUMIDITY.  My hair was a disaster.  :(    SO...  we shall see how those turn out.  ha.  

The remainder of the day has been pretty quiet... and quick.  I've done laundry and got groceries...  Cora took an ok rest, Kayson has just had some quiet time.  

I'm looking forward to the short work week, but we have such a busy Wednesday night through Monday - I'm not sure if I'm really looking forward to it!  I mean, it'll obviously be nice to be with family and not have to work...  but man, it exhausts us when we aren't at home!   Here's to a short work week!

No comments:

Post a Comment