Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Tired Kid = Terrible Night

We are on night #3 of Ryan being out of town...  we are used to it, I'm used to it.  And I always try to have a positive attitude when I'm picking up the kiddos.  Tonight on the way home we talked about what we'd have for supper...  maybe go for another walk...  maybe do some art (all for Kayson).  K seemed to have a good day (from his words and his teachers)... and he was ok with the fact that there would be no cartoons or movies tonight.  (Those were taken away last night due to a bad evening of talking back and a bad bedtime). 

Well, we got home... and Kayson must have forgotten our conversation on the short drive home - no cartoons, no movies.  Instant melt down.  It didn't last long, then he actually went to his room and played - made a tent with some blankets...  even let Cora play with him.  It was great - and I applauded him.  Supper went fairly well... then it kind of went down hill from there.  

Ryan called to talk for a bit, and Kayson wouldn't talk on the phone.  This has been something he's been 'pulling' the last couple nights.  In our eyes, this is unacceptable.  We've talked about it...  and explained how we need to talk with Dad on the phone, how important it is for Daddy to hear his voice and hear about Kayson's day.  Nothing worked.  Which then just makes me and Ryan upset/disappointed.  We are at a loss on this...  Ryan and I talked a little later tonight - we are going to attempt to take away a few more things (that are important to him) and we'll see how this goes.  I don't know.  :(

Bedtime went fairly well...  K wanted two short books.  I could tell he was tired.  I understand that...  but I'm still upset that he didn't talk with Ryan.  I'm sure that kills Ryan... just as it does me.  

Tired Kid = Terrible Night = Tired Momma


No comments:

Post a Comment