Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Happy Birthday Cora May!

Our precious little girl is 1 years old today.  I can't believe it.  I can't believe a whole year has passed!  I've said this before, I barely remember my maternity leave - that should have been my first inkling that having a second child - life just happens faster.  

We've had a fantastic year of raising Cora.  She was 8 days 'late'... but well worth the wait once she was here.  Ryan and I had a wonderful 2 day stay in the hospital with her...  with barely any complaints from this Momma (besides my tummy hurting so badly!)  From day one, Cora was a good napper, great eater and told us when she was pissed.  She still does that.  :)  

Cora gave us a run for our money with ear problems starting at 6 months old.  It was ear infection after ear infection, and tubes were put in.  Best decision ever.  So far, we've had great luck with the tubes...  she's done awesome.  

Cora has also had her milestones happen a lot sooner than Kayson's ever did.  We can call tubes a milestone for the Taylor family!  She got teeth sooner, she crawled sooner, and she walked sooner (she's officially taking steps now!!!)  I guess the saying is right - that the second child does do everything faster.  

We've enjoyed her so much...  I love everything about Cora.  Her soft hair that's coming in so nicely... her beautiful blue/grey eyes (again, crazy to think that we have two blue-eyed children!)...  her little button nose... her small dimple on her left cheek... her fat thighs that we can squeeze and tickle...  the way she crawls so fast it sounds like a herd of elephants...  the way she looks at books (I swear she's reading them!)...  her personality - the dramatic part already, and the part where she just soaks everything in.  Cora May is perfect in our eyes and we love her so much.  

It's hard to believe she's 1 already, but she is.  We survived raising another baby...  I couldn't be prouder of her and our family.  

Blowing Kisses
12 Month Stats
Weight - 23 lbs. 7 oz. (90%)
Height - 30 1/4" (85%)
Head Cir - 18 1/4" (85%)
She's proportionate!  :)

The shots were terrible, as expected, but the finger prick for iron wasn't actually bad at all!  I was so proud!  Cora just sat on my lap and watched the nurse so carefully.  The nurse was pretty impressed.  :)
  • 6 teeth!  (4 on top, 2 on bottom)
  • Wearing 18 month clothing
  • Shoes - Size 4
  • Diapers - Size 3, Nighttime - Size 4
  • Bottle free!!  
  • Loves Kayson
  • Loves Kayson's toys!
  • Taking steps - only about 2 or 3 at a time!
  • Waves "Bye Bye"
  • Blows Kisses - mainly only to Daddy :)
  • Says "Momma"  and maybe a "Hi" 

1 comment:

  1. 'From day one, Cora was a good napper, great eater and told us when she was pissed'

    Change Cora to Cullyn and I could write the same thing...must be a 2nd child thing! :)

    Happy 1st Birthday Cora!!!

    ReplyDelete