Monday, August 26, 2013

Lots of Changes for Cora

Today Cora started in a new room, new POD at daycare.  She's with the "big kids" now.  ha.  Actually there's a little boy in her room that is huge compared to her... running everywhere.  Certainly he should be moved up!  ha.

Anyway, with the new room...  there are new rules.  The biggest one is we go from a morning and afternoon nap to 1 nap.  ONE NAP.  I know this was a HUGE deal for Kayson (and us), but that was when K was about 16 months old.  There are new 'rules' and regulations now...  so starting at age 1, kiddos go to 1 nap.  Cora has visited that room a couple times over the past two weeks...  she's done well, and you can tell when she's only had the one nap.  Tonight was the same story... oh my goodness that little girl was exhausted.  All out of sorts.  This is going to be a huge adjustment for her... and us... and I hope she does ok.  (We'll be doing the two nap thing on the weekend until we feel she's ready for the transition at home).

The other big change is the real food thing.  Daycare has been offering real food for weeks now.  Some times she eats it, most of the time not.  Tonight - she screamed, literally screamed at dinner time.  I put the food in front of her...  and she cried.  Oh boy.  I eventually gave in and gave her a jar of baby food.  I know it's not the right thing...  but oh my goodness.  I hope this gets better too!!  I'm not sure how much screaming at dinner time we can handle!!  Poor girl.

She also gets to go outside... which is fun for her I'm sure.  She has to wear shoes now, which is another adjustment...  but it's going well actually!  So yeah, they get to go outside.  I think that's pretty sweet...  her crawling all over the ground.  haha. 




No comments:

Post a Comment