Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Restless!

It's 11:30 Wednesday night...  I'm restless.  I don't think this is for any particular reason...  just can't sleep, my mind is just thinking...  I'm tired, but obviously not tired enough to close my eyes.  While Ryan snores, I'm on the couch in the dark...  searching Pinterest... and figured I'd write on the blog.  Maybe then I'll get my thoughts out and sleep!


  • Work has been crazy busy lately...  I'm taking on some more responsibilities, in hopes to get that promotion I've been working for!!  The part of saying "yes" to everything when it comes to work is great, but it also can come tumbling down...  (be too much at times).  But I'm fighting through it, because I want to prove to everyone that I do do a good job and deserve to be paid more for the things I do.  Period.  :)
  • We are in the process of introducing the sippy cup to Cora.  I remember this with Kayson and it was brutal... especially getting rid of the bedtime bottle.  We originally got the same sippy cup that Kayson uses...  thinking it will do.  We are finding that Cora isn't interested - obviously, because it's not.the.bottle!  So I asked around... and I purchased a different kind tonight.  So at supper, I gave her a little...  she LOVED the sippy, wouldn't put it down, but didn't drink out of it!  haha.  Our weird child!  So we'll keep trying... and she'll just have to figure it out, especially when the bottles are gone!
  • Kayson's been doing pretty well lately...  He had a 'bad' day at school Monday.  His ears didn't work.  Hmmm... interesting!  They don't work at home most of the time either!  The thing about school though - is he actually feels bad if he gets into trouble!  Tuesday and today were better days, according to his teachers.  I honestly think he's bored... and he needs to be moved up. 
  • Kayson has been saying some funny things lately...  
    • One in particular was said Sunday night.  We were eating supper - steak, potatoes, and corn on the cob.  Ryan was getting seconds... and Kayson said "Daddy, why are you so hungry tonight?"  Ryan basically just said "Because"... and Kayson proceeded to say "I know why - are you hungry because you screamed at me all day??!?!?"  Yes, that came out of our son.  Oh Lord.  And Ryan (or myself) did not scream at him all day... so I'm not sure where that came from!!
    • Tuesday morning we were getting ready for the day...  I said to Cora (like I do almost every morning), "You look so cute today!" and Kayson says to me "Mom, you don't look cute today."  Nice.
  • We need some rain.  Period.  I told Ryan we should go wash our cars, then it might sprinkle.
  • We are wrapping up the details to Cora's birthday party (which will be on the 17th).  The theme is picked...  the decorations are bought...  a small gift was purchased...  and the food has been decided on.  I'm looking forward to it... I'm anxious to see her reaction to certain things (like opening gifts and her 'smash cake').  I hate to see her grow up, but it's also bittersweet. 
  • I'm still restless...  but this has helped!  G'Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment