Monday, November 7, 2011

Catching Up

It's been over a week since I've blogged...  that's somewhat unlike me!  We've been busy...  most evenings after Kayson is asleep, I'm either messing with more photography stuff, or doing laundry or quite possibly just wanting to sit for a bit. 

Things have been good...  Kayson's doing great - such a big boy.  I think we can officially say he is potty trained!  (Besides bedtime - still diaper for that).  We are going on 4 weeks of big boy underware and he's done wonderfully amazing - only 1 accident in that entire time!   He even has been going #2 on the potty for about a week and a half too!!  WHOOHOO!  AND last week he wore his underware for naps!  OH MY GOODNESS - he's growing up!  He apparently had a fit when Ms. Jeanie (teacher) tried putting his Pull-Up on him for nap last week (by our request)...  so she said she wasn't going to fight him and he woke up dry!  And he continues to be dry after naps at daycare and at home too!  We are so proud of him!!

Last Thursday afternoon I took off work early - I had some appointments, then prepped myself for a full day of shopping with friends on Friday!  Nikki and Nicky (we have a lot of Nicky's in our lives) headed over to Williamsburg Outlet mall...  it was a great weather day and a great day to do some damage!  We had such a great time... and have decided it's only best to do this twice a year, right?!?!  ;)  We'll see how our wallets do with that... but it sounds like a wonderful idea to me!  Such fun!

Saturday Ryan and his Dad headed over to Iowa City for a great, nail-biter football game!  K, myself and JeanAnn hung out all day at home...  did an errand and then really sat around.  I haven't done that for what seems like a long time... and it makes me SUPER tired!  ha.  Martina and Tate made a quick visit as well...  That Tate is such a doll - and wild man!  He's at such a fun age!

And Sunday we headed to Clarion to see my family...  a busy day, but great to be home.  I needed that.  We planned our "Hardy Grandkid" pictures...  and they were a success.  I may be bias, but I have BEAUTIFUL nieces and nephew (and son)!  They are such great kids - they don't complain about this at all - they have fun together and it's just a great thing...  it truly brings tears to my eyes knowing how much they love each other and are my family.  We are so blessed.

Tate sat for about 30 seconds - long enough for Kayson to assist him with his bottle!
My beautiful family

No comments:

Post a Comment