Friday, September 23, 2022

Hard cast #1

Today was the day to get the full arm hard cast. 
I kept Cora home from school due to the appointment being in the middle of the day.

We all got to the appointment... and they instantly started taking off the splint.  Everything was going well... and went well for Cora, but unfortunately, I was not well.  I started getting pale and having a hard time breathing...  I was about to pass out.  I felt awful and cried and cried.  Ryan of course, was so awesome with Cora... and Cora did well too.  She was SUPER upset that the hard cast is a full one - pretty much up to her armpit.  There were so many tears and her just being mad.  I felt awful and still do.  
She really got upset once we were home - cried more and said she never wanted to go back there.  
Unfortunately, there is still some swelling, so we will have to go back next Friday for a new cast.  This all seems like such a process... and it's overwhelming.  

We are all pooped and just really want this to be over with. 





No comments:

Post a Comment