Monday, May 23, 2022

CESOD Auditions (2022-2023 year)

Saturday afternoon was the official audition for CESOD.  

Cora stretched and did a bunch of stuff in the morning...  then all of the sudden got pretty quiet and was acting off.  She eventually told me she was nervous.  It broke my heart, but I tried to help her through it.  There have been a lot of changes happening at the studio - families leaving including a few of her closest girl friends/dance buddies.  I know that's weighing on her, and I hate that.  

Anyway, we went... she was off, and about 30 minutes into the audition, I got a call from Miss Charlee.  She explained that Cora was very pale and clammy...  not feeling well and just was not looking good.  I went to the studio and talked with her. Cora wanted to leave right away...  I told her we needed to sit and just talk first... and we were going to try to push through this.  Miss Charlee talked with her...  and about 15 minutes later, she went into the studio room.  I ended up waiting in the parking lot the rest of the time, just in case...  

She fought through the entire audition...  when she got in the car, she talked some, but was definitely not herself.  She said she did her best, and hopefully that was enough. 

Cora rested in the afternoon... didn't eat much, and didn't say much at all either.  

Sunday she seemed a little better... but definitely still not 100%.  Luckily we had just planned to stay home and relax.  She did just that... we did a little few things, but mostly she rested and just watched TV.  Eventually by Sunday night she wanted to go outside and play with the neighbors.  

Not sure what this was all about...  but I'm just praying it was a little bug and we are good.  

I worry that Cora was nervous for auditions.  The staff knows her and they know what she can do...  so I hate that she was worried about that.  I don't want my 9 year old to be worried about stuff like that.  This is supposed to be fun.  

So... more to come.  Hopefully we get a "you are in" email!  :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment