Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Cora - Ear infection

When was the last time sis had an ear infection?  Seems like forever ago!!

We have continued to have rough nights of sleep...  not many night mares, but definitely having trouble falling asleep.  And last night topped things off for me, and Cora.  Cora woke about 1:35 am - complaining that her ear hurt.  Her right ear, and she was rubbing it and very uncomfortable.  I gave her Tylenol, and tried to get her back to sleep.  A long 4 hours later... yes, 4 hours - she fell asleep on the couch around 6:00 am.  OMG.  It was awful.  The entire night she was restless, crying, telling me her ear hurt and it wasn't getting any better. 

I was able to get her into the doctor... and instantly the doc said the ear was 'bad'.  Poor kid.  While I had the doctor's attention, I did ask about the night terrors...  he said that more than likely they are a phase, that we are trying all the right things.  One additional thing we could try is Melatonin.  He also mentioned that possibly the ear infection could be a cause of the sleeping troubles, but Cora wasn't really able to put her finger on it...

We will see.  Regardless, we have meds and I pray that we see some improvement in a day or so.  
What a night!!!  Yawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment