Monday, August 17, 2020

Weekend

It was our first weekend with no baseball in nearly 3 months.  And we were bored.  ha. 

Friday afternoon I took the kids to the pool... they were so bored!!!  That night we just hung out...  Saturday we slept in, and again, were bored.  I didn't need to clean, I did some laundry, and that's about it.  Pretty lazy!  Kayson had a birthday party to go to, so I know he enjoyed that.  Then Saturday night Ryan and I met some of the baseball parents out for a drink and appetizers (guess we couldn't go a full week without see them!)  That was nice...  We ended up leaving the kids at home, which was nice.  They did well, but I know Kayson was a little antsy.  I found that funny because he acts like he's all 'responsible' and it's no big deal to be home...  but he did ok with Cora, but he wasn't fond of doing that for a full 2 hours.  ha. 

We then stopped over at Showalter's to see them.  We hadn't seen them in several months...  

And then Sunday we went to church!!  Update on that...  Pastor Loren has left us, super disappointing and abrupt for us.  But we luckily have found a young interim to fill in and hopefully start something great with our little church.  Pastor Gray seems great...  very nice man, and full of energy.  I just pray everything goes well and we can get our church back to 'normal' (whatever that is), and get the kids involved again.  I sure do miss that Sunday routine. 

Then Sunday afternoon, Kayson had basketball tryouts with Waukee Warriors.  Man, I prayed that he did well, and those coaches know he's a good kid and coachable... and he'll be chosen.  More to come on that.  

Then Sunday night we took the kids down to Creston.  They are spending a couple days with Ryan's folks and Landry and Tate.  I hope they have a good time, and behave.  

That's all I have...  




Boomer... about 9 months old
Boomer... about 9 months old



No comments:

Post a Comment