Sunday, August 2, 2020

Baseball tournament #9/Weekend

Tournament #9!  
This one was over in Bettendorf!  
So, Friday night, Ryan and K headed over there to meet up with a few other families.  They had pizza, hung out, and scoped out the fields.  Sounds like they had a nice night. 

Cora and I did nothing...  literally.  I guess we just didn't have much motivation.  I believe I was in bed at 9:30.  Wild Friday night. 

Saturday morning Cora and I slept in some... got packed up, took Boomer to the kennel, and we headed out east.  It was a long 2.5 plus hour drive, but Cora did well... we survived.  We met up with everyone at the fields, and the games began.  We played great...  won big time game #1, then the second game was a great neck and neck game, and ended in a tie.  Hate that, but super fun.  The kids did well.  

It was a late night...  so back to the hotel for bed. 

Sunday, we played bright and early - our favorite thing.  ha.  Cora woke with terrible allergies, so she was a mess, and super crabby...  unfortunately.  We were able to watch the kids first game of the day, and it was a win.  Cora and I needed to get back to DSM to go to Brittlyn's graduation party.  Another long drive, and this time, Cora was crabby...  she wouldn't fall asleep, so she fought through it.  

Grad party was great...  got to see the family, and also visit with a few dance mom's of Cora's Petite team.  That was nice to put faces with names.  We were able to hang with Blair, Martina and the kids a little too... so that was good.  

Back to baseball - second game was a loss, but I hear they played well, and fought hard.  I like hearing that, and hopefully the coaches were happy.  So Ryan and K got home about 6:30.  

A quiet night at home... I know I'm tired, and hate the fact that the week is starting again.  Man, time is going fast... already August!!

Some great pics of the turf fields, so cool!













No comments:

Post a Comment