Sunday, August 23, 2020

Open Houses & Weekend

Friday night was Open House night for the kids.  
Cora - easy peasy, but super odd...  no staff was at the school, so we couldn't really MEET her teacher.  But we were able to tour the room, and put away her school supplies. She's all set and organized...  

Kayson had his open house night too... and it was OVERWHELMING for this Mom.  We walked in, and right away, I felt anxious...  I know it's not about me, but man - it just seemed like a lot.  Especially with no teachers there to 'help' or really talk to.  We just roamed, found his 'pod' (Silver), and attempted to walk his schedule.  It was a little 'all over the place', trying to find the stairs to go down (or up), and just talking through it all.  I know he will do great, and it'll be easy for him by day 2, but at that moment - it was a lot. 

After that...  Cora went and spent the night with Hope and Logan!  I was originally going to stay too, but I got her talked into just doing it by herself.  And she did... they had a quick night, ice cream and watched a little movie, but she slept well.  I was proud of her!!!  

Then Saturday morning Ryan worked all morning, Kayson and I hung out a little, then Hope, Cora and Tricia came, and we had a girls morning/lunch!  We got our nails done (Cora & Trish - toes, Hope & me - fingers), and it was so nice!  I never do that... and it was fun.  We grabbed lunch, then they headed home.  It was a nice little break with them.  

Laundry was done all afternoon... Ryan and K watched Duke play ball.  Then Saturday late afternoon, we went to Klehn's - Tiff is turning 40, so John threw a party for her... and it was great.  We sat outside, kids played in the dunk tank, played hoops... adults just sat around and talked.  It was fun little night. 

Sunday - church, and a lazy afternoon.  I did some organizing, and cleaning... but otherwise, pretty lazy and it was great.  

Kids start school Tuesday!!  I'm going to work a little tomorrow, and try to keep them busy.  We may hit the pool one last time.  

Good weekend!












No comments:

Post a Comment