Monday, May 11, 2020

Work from Home/No School/COVID-19 - Week 6 & Weekend

Last week was up and down... seems to be the norm.  One kid throws fits one day, then the next day is the other kid.  The kids are just all over the board - I am too.  They are tired of me being a teacher.  I'm wearing too many hats, and it's not fun. 

I'm trying to lower my expectations, I have to - otherwise it'll continue to be a shit show around here!  We now do school work starting about 9:45 til about noon...  I can typically get a good solid 1.5 hours of work done in that 2 plus hours.  Then we have lunch, then I make them do ONE more item.  This is usually when they've lost complete interest and fight me a lot.  But I'm sticking to this hour or so, because I can't have them on electronics all afternoon. Anyway, we are surviving... it's not fun, but we are doing it.

Our weekend was ok...  we enjoyed relaxing and I enjoyed not working and teaching at the same time!  

Mother's Day was fine too...  crappy, cold day, so we had to stay inside!  But we did a few things around the house - one includes getting our basement bedroom ready for Logan.  He'll be living with us soon through the summer, probably...  His job changed, and then we'll also have Hope here with us too.  
And now we are on week 7 of being home. The only good thing about that is that we are getting closer to being done with school at home, but then I worry about summer.  There is a 99.9% chance that summer BTB will be closed, as well as all the camps we were going to do, etc.  So... I'll continue to be home.  This is where my anxiety comes in.  What will I do with them for 11 weeks with no school work?  I'll have to brainstorm and figure something out... my niece, Hope, does plan to come help me a little bit this summer, but that's still a very long time.  So much to worry about.

I think now (this Monday) we are on day 59 of being home.  WHAT?  It's a no wonder I'm going crazy.

Anyway, here are a few pictures from the last few weeks.  




I had a 'happy' hour with my team, and it was great!




I thought this was funny... and so true.




We did have something fun Friday night...  Brittlyn and Duke came over to keep the kids occupied for awhile.  Brittlyn worked with Cora on dance for hours, and it was so great to watch them. They had fun.  Then Niky and Scott stopped over too... we ordered pizza and we just hung out, like a normal night.  It was so great.  





Then Saturday night Blair and Martina and the kids were in town, unfortunately for a sad reason - to see a friend who had just lost her dad.  But they stopped by, and the kids played a bit, and we ate with them...  Nice to see them too!



No comments:

Post a Comment