Friday, May 10, 2019

Cora - Kindergarten Music Concert

Cora's first music concert was last night...  a big one!  I can't believe we are practically done with her first year of school.
She was assigned a speaking part for the concert - not just a one liner, it was the OPENING speaking part - introducing the class and everything.  I was shocked, but the week and a half before it - she practiced and memorized and nailed it at home.  She was doing so awesome.

Unfortunately, when it was go-time, she froze.  She said the first two words, and then stopped and started to cry.  My heart sank.  Mrs. Tierney was with her, and helped her along, but she didn't really say anything after that...  I felt awful, and frustrated, and disappointed, and sad.  I just couldn't believe it.  :(

The concert went well... and she did great, seemed to enjoy herself and knew all the songs/moves, etc.   It was a quick 30 minutes... and then we were off.  A few pictures were taken, and we headed home. 

Once we were home, she cried some more and felt bad.  She then said she wouldn't do a speaking part again... which broke my heart even more.  I know she's only 6, but she can't have this ruin her.

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment