Monday, November 19, 2018

Weekend

Friday:
I scooted out of work a little early...  for nothing in particular, I think I was just done!  Friday night we stayed in...  it's been super cold again here, and I just wasn't feeling it!  We hung out... didn't do much of anything.  Pretty quiet, boring night.
 
Saturday:
I slept terrible...  playing musical beds all night.  Ugh.  Ryan went to work, again.  Kids and I just hung out.  Again... kind of boring morning.  I did some cleaning, but really that's about it.  Finally I told the kids we needed to get out of the house, or I was going to go crazy.  We headed to Hobby Lobby to get a few Christmas items.  Cora drove me crazy...  she literally touches everything and says "Mom" 10,000 times to show me what she's seeing/touching.  I didn't have much patience with her... plus the place was sooooo busy...  ugh.  I wasn't feeling like a good Mom then. 
 
We ended up meeting Ryan for lunch...  then back home to just hang out.  Cora ended up playing with Olivia for a couple hours, which was what she/we all needed.  Kayson did a lot of sitting, iPad time. 
 
Throwing in some notes here on how things are going with Kayson and electronics.  Not good, or at least in my eyes.  I know electronics are just 'the thing' now... I get it, I'm not dumb, but man - when the kid doesn't even know how to play with anything else... barely wants to have a conversation with us...  and he's not even 10.  I get sick to my stomach and frustrated.  :(  Then my thoughts go into - I can't keep him busy enough to do other things... as I still need to get things done around the house, etc.  I mean I literally can't be next to him or Cora constantly when we are home... they need their quiet time, they need their imagination time... I get it.  I'm just frustrated... 
 
Moving on...  Saturday night I made a bunch of snacky foods...  and Holly, Mike and the boys came over.  We just snacked... and the kids played pretty well... then Cora got out Twister.  That was hysterical for the kids... and even Holly.  She's a rock star at that!  ha.  Was a nice little evening.
 
Sunday:
Church.
Rest of Sunday afternoon was quiet... really quiet, and boring.  Cleaning and laundry was all caught up, so the kids watched a little movie... I sat... which drove me crazy.  ha.  And I was bored!!!  ugh.  I shouldn't complain about that... and should love it, but it's hard for me to sit and not do anything...
 
Anyway...  and another weekend has passed.  We are getting so close to Thanksgiving... and Christmas.  We have lots to do...
 
 
Sis needed her hair cut --- BEFORE
AFTER - and it's so much better.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Sunday afternoon quiet
 
Murphy all snuggled in... he's getting so old

 

No comments:

Post a Comment